Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Monday December 21, 2015 - Pierre was baptized!


This week Pierre was baptized! It was an amazing service. I told a little of Pierre's conversion story before but he has one of the coolest conversion stories and now one of the strongest testimonies I have ever met. He gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon literally over night as he listened to Book of Mormon on audio during a night shift. Over 50 chapters in one night. After meeting with missionaries for almost a year and as soon as that happened he was all in. And he loves the gospel.
He also has a super cool testimony of the priesthood because last Sunday his leg and hip were hurting and they have been for a while, but during church it was tingling really bad and went numb so he asked if we could give him a blessing. During that blessing I felt really prompted to command his Sciatic nerve to be healed. I probably spelled that wrong because I don't even really know what a sciatic nerve is, but a few days later we got a text from him that I'll never forget. it said:
"Guys hello last Sunday you anointed me about my left leg now I fell better I am agree with priesthood authority is from Lord Jesus Christ because is healing oil never seen miracle"
He's African so it didn't make 100% sense.. But it was really cool. 
I also have a new companion Elder Sessions!
Love you all have a great Christmas! Remember the true meaning of Christmas. To remember Christ and how he can change us, just like he changed Pierre and like he's changed me. I know that he was born and that He lives today.

And I'll see you in a few days family!!

Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment