Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 - True love


KAY WAS BAPTIZED!!!! She's my hero! Josh Lords (aka ex-Elder Lords my last companion) flew out from Idaho for her baptism and was able to baptize her yesterday, and I had the privilege of giving her the Gift of the Holy Ghost today. Both times she was so excited and so happy. I don't think I've ever had an investigator LONG for those ordinances as much as Kay. She knew the importance of them and was so happy to receive them!

I hope I don't wear out the word miracle, because I believe it's a word that can't be worn out out. I back up my boy Einstein when he said "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"

So this week was once again packed full of miracles. So we were pretty worried about our area and our investigators. This week we were out of our area from Mon-Fri again so the only contact we had was with our really solid investigators (Mostly Kay) over call or text. And up to Saturday afternoon we had only taught 1 lesson with Kay. So we were praying hard for some people to be placed in our path.

#1 Our WML Bro Katzenbach brought a man named Elmo to Kay's baptism. They know each other from work and Elmo is probably one of the smartest guys I've taught with the biggest desire to learn I've ever seen! He came to lunch at the Katzenbach's with us after the baptism and asked tons of perfect questions "Why was Jesus Baptized?" "Are Jesus and God the same person?" "What's the Priesthood?" "Is there only Heaven and Hell?" Golden questions! Between us, the Katzenbach's and Brother Lords there, he basically got taught all 5 of the missionary lessons yesterday. And he also got a priesthood blessing for help with some decisions he is making with his life and by the end he was in tears and felt the spirit!

He came to church today with his wife and they were so happy and loved! We love Elmo and Cierra!

#2 Our last lesson Saturday night. Stopped by our Recent Convert Hannah and we taught her roommate Josephus. He's met with missionaries before and we had an awesome Restoration lesson with them and Josephus came to church today with Hannah!

#3 As we were about to go in Saturday night we had about 10 minutes, so we pulled into an apartment complex and decided we would knock a few doors. The 4th door we knocked on a lady answered the door and said she had just moved from Utah the week before and had been looking for the church. She was about to be baptized right before she left Utah and had been going to church every week for a while! You'll be hearing more about Aaliyah in the future!

We said a lot of prayers of gratitude on Saturday :) It was amazing. The Lord is preparing His people!

So the reason for my title is just a thought that has been on my mind a lot lately. And it has nothing to do with girls. I've been thinking a lot about Charity and the pure love of Christ and how I can develop more and more of it for the people around me. I read 2 Nephi 9:21 the other day and it basically says that Jesus Christ suffered for every single person. Ever. All of us. And as I've kept that in mind and looked at the people I meet everyday with that perspective, that Christ suffered for their sins and that they have the potential to become like our Heavenly Father, I've been filled with an amazing love that I can't even describe.

I love you all so much!
Elder Cox

           And went out to Davenport for ZTM. History was made at that meeting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment