Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday September 28, 2015

Carthage Jail, located in Carthage, Illinois, was the location of the murder of Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and his brother Hyrum by a mob of approximately 150 men.


I am looking forward to conference so much it's like Christmas week! We are in charge of setting the broadcast up at the church and we will get to watch all 5 sessions there! We are definitely blessed to be able to partake of the words of the prophets and blessed with the technology that brings it to so many far away. 
Fall hasn't quit started here in Hannibal. There was one day that had a crisp morning, but it's still hot and muggy and everything is still very green. I haven't gotten the postcards from the cabin yet but I am excited to be able to remember that place. I sent a package home this morning with a few things for the kids in it and I included a postcard of the Nauvoo temple in there. We got to go that this last week and it was amazing. I'll include more details in my big email. 
Love you!
Elder Cox


No comments:

Post a Comment