Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday October 19, 2015-"I'm Happy!"

This week during 12 week study me and Elder Baxter were watching The District and there was a part where Elder Moreno was making a video diary and he says (paraphrasing) "I'm tired. I'm so tired, but I'm so happy. I don't even know why I'm happy. I'm so happy it kind of weirds me out sometimes."

That is about how I feel right now. I'm so happy and I really don't know why and I have a big huge smile on my face right now as I'm reading every one's emails and hearing about Ryan and Courtney's adventures that they've been going on and getting to hear how the gospel is blessing everyone everywhere. I'M SO HAPPY. 

This week has probably been the busiest week of my mission and possibly my entire life. It felt like we were just non-stop from morning studies til we came in at 9:30. I don't even think we took meal breaks this week I don't even remember but we've seen so many cool miracles.

First news Neva is getting baptized this week! She passed her baptismal interview and is ready to go. Green hair and all. 

Cindy and Katana are also getting baptized this week. They're up in Quincy but I got to go interview them and get to know them more on Friday and they are such an example of people who are being prepared by the Lord. Katana is 9 and she has a little brother that's 7 who is going to get baptized in a couple months and he is legit thee smartest kid I've ever met. He's read like the whole book of Mormon already and reads through all the huge words and names better than I can.

This week we also had stake conference. One of the speakers was related to the lady who wrote I am a Child of God. He told the story of how it was written and I don't have time to write the whole story, and I don't remember all the details. But basically there was 2 women who were assigned to write the song. One lived in LA and the other in Salt Lake. This was back before there was fast communication so they wrote letters, but the Sister in LA felt she needed to go to Salt Lake City. So she took a copy of the words she had written and when she arrived in Salt Lake, Her words were the exact same words as the other Sister. Revelation. It was awesome look up the story!

I loved the emails I got from you Mom and from Courtney. They were both about Christlike attributes. Elder Swainston last night asked me the most important thing I've learned on my mission. I thought about it and thought about how my faith has grown, how my diligence has been strengthened, how my knowledge and patience have increased, and how I have more love and charity for people. The most important thing I have learned on my mission, and the most important thing I will keep on learning for the rest of my entire life is becoming more Christlike. Not just doing more Christlike things, or saying Christlike sayings, those things are a start. But Becoming brings us to a whole other level of discipleship.

I love you all, Have a great week and be happy because life is so good. And God is good.

Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment