Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 26, 2015 - Nauvoo Temple, The Plan in Chalk and A Baptism in Hannibal

I say this way too often but this was the happiest week of my mission. They just keep getting better. 
But this week is going to be hard to beat.


Starting off with Wednesday, We went to the Nauvoo Temple again!! Cole Bair (biggest stud muffin of ALL TIME) was working as an ordinance worker for the night so we got to be in the temple for like 5 hours, do 2 sessions, tour the baptismal font, and be spiritually uplifted as high as I have ever been. It was amazing and the feelings that I felt and wrote in my journal that night I will remember for the rest of my life. I was able to feel of the saving power of the atonement and the importance of those ordinances that we were performing. The importance of them to those we were performing them for.

Thursday we went on exchanges up in Quincy and I got to teach a 9 year old girl named Mattelyn. Cutest little girl in the world and we had THEE greatest, funnest, and most spiritual Plan of Salvation lesson I've ever had. We drew it out with chalk on her driveway and as we drew it she would walk over it and go through the Plan. When we started talking about the Celestial Kingdom She said "ooh that sounds SOOOO amazing I want to go there right now!!" Then, as her dad, who was a convert, started tenderly  explaining to her about how their whole family wanted to go there together one day, tear  of joy came to his eyes. She went up and hugged him and asked "Daddy will you baptize me so we can all go there together."  That is moment I will never forget.

Last but not least we had a baptism yesterday! Neva got baptized right after church and it was amazing. There was so much love in the room it was literally tangible as member after member got up and told Neva how grateful they were that she made the decision to be baptized and how she has become part of the family. Neva's mom, who isn't a member, was there at the church for the first time and you could see the joy in her eyes as she saw the love these people have for her daughter. The love of Christ is so strong, so penetrating, and so changing if we let it into our hearts. 


I love you all so much and know that I am still happier than I have ever been!
Love Elder Cox

P.S. Shout out to Ben for scoring the winning goal of his last soccer game of the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment