Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday January 19, 2016 - Sharkeisha and Swahili‏


To start off thank you so much family for the package this week! It was a life saver! The rice heating bags and hand-warmers have been put to good use the last couple days as the windchill on Sunday we were told was -55. Needless to say it was pretty hard to get members to church, especially investigators. But it was still a great week and I made some great new memories and starting teaching some amazing new people.

On Sunday night we had our first full-blown Swahili lesson. Pierre Manirakiza came with us and introduced us to his African neighbors that just moved in. The Kimararungu family. They had no furniture yet and spoke no English but we had a great lesson in their humble apartment. Elder Sessions and I pulled out every Swahili phrase we knew and Pierre translated the rest. He testified of the Book of Mormon and the Priesthood so strongly and I could feel the spirit so strong, even though the only words I really caught were "Book of Mormon" and "Priesthood" and "True". We are going over today to teach them again and I'm really excited. It also got us a lot more pumped to learn Swahili faster.

We had a lot of meetings this week, an extra long MLC discussing a lot of the changes in the mission with transfers and exchanges. We no longer have a transfer meeting which is kinda sad because that's where I always got to see all the missionaries I've served around. We'll just go straight to our new area. And exchanges everyone will now go to the leaders area. District leaders to zone leaders area, Zone leaders to AP's area etc. Which Elder Sessions and I were pretty pumped about because we both served in Easter Lake, which is where the AP's are now so we get to go back there on exchanges now!

I went on exchanges with Elder Merrell this week. He went to the same high school as Sharkeisha!! Hahaha so that's why that's in the title because I got to hear a lot of funny stories during exchanges. 

I think the only pictures I took this week were of how cold it was so sorry there's no cool pictures.
Love you all!
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment