Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday February 16, 2016 - Love God, love your family, live the gospel, and work hard. God will provide the rest.

This week our main man Pierre got surgery. And since our Swahili isn't quite fluent yet, we weren't able to teach Africans very much this week. But they still fed us so we ate more African food! But we are going to teach Pacifique and his family today with Pierre. They're amazing they're so prepared and humble and love the gospel and the Book of Mormon so much. Every time I teach or talk to them I am reminded at how simple life can be amidst all the craziness of the world: 

Love God, love your family, live the gospel, and work hard. God will provide the rest.

This week in my studies I decided to study Alma 5 in depth. As I read through the chapter I wrote down every question that was asked that applied to me. I wrote down 34 questions. I went through and I asked myself each of those questions. Some of them are very simple, but many of them are very deep and ask things that make me realize I can always improve. Because all the questions are based on us becoming more Christlike, and we can all always improve at that. 

This week on my hump day we took a road trip to Davenport to get my companions retainer fixed and my chipped tooth from Hannibal fixed. There's a dentist there who works on missionaries for free. I love how no matter where we are in the world, we're all a church family, brothers and sisters and we're always watching out for each other. 

Lastly I just found out about Sister Sadie Wells this week from several of my emails. Most of you probably already know and are reaching out to her and her family but my heart and prayers go out to them. I know that she is being welcomed with loving arms on the other side and she is doing the exact same thing she was doing right before she left us, sharing the gospel of love and peace with our brothers and sisters. 

Love you all,
Elder Cox
·          


No comments:

Post a Comment