Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Friday, July 15, 2016

July 3, 2016 - Can I get a Amen Hallelujah‏








Still wearing grandpa's watch everyday :)

President and Sister Jensen's last night in Iowa

"This is only the 11th selfie I've ever taken in my whole life."
 -President Jensen
Before I explain the subject line I have to talk about the saddest part of this week: President and Sister Jensen left back to South Carolina. Saying goodbye was like saying goodbye to grandparents they're such amazing people and have taught me SO much about being a missionary. They have probably taught me even more about just being a good person and disciple of Christ for the rest of my life. 

Luckily the sadness of goodbye doesn't stay because our new mission president, President and Sister Badger, are amazing as well! We got to go over and meet them Thursday night after they had a few hours to try to settle in while their phone's were being blown off the hook. But Elder Lords and I got to visit with them for what ended up being about an hour and a half getting to know them, answering questions that have come up, helping introduce them to the current policies of the mission, and making some plans for this upcoming week when they will go to "Get to know President and Sister Badger Zone Conference" everyday. 

They're amazing. Any normal human beings would have been overwhelmed into submission by all that was placed on their shoulders that day, but they told us that they just felt an overwhelming comfort from the spirit that was going to help them figure everything out. The spirit can do amazing things when we have faith.

So today was fast and testimony meeting. We had one of our potential investigators Serge randomly come to church with Vania (because Vania is awesome and just invites everybody that she meets to come to church with her so she comes to church with someone new each week.) Serge is from Cameroon Africa, he's great, really humble and extremely smart, works for Wells Fargo. As we were sitting there after they explained what fast and testimony meeting was and a few people had born their testimonies, Serge got up (he can't use his legs because of Polio) and crutched up to the pulpit to give his testimony. 
When he started with "Can I get a Amen Hallelujah" I was a little worried. But he ended up bearing an amazing testimony of Christ, about praying for God to send him to a church since he had just moved here, and of a few servants of God showing up on his doorstep a few days later inviting him to church. Once again the spirit can do some amazing things when there is faith.

Patience: The lady who called last week and asked if she could get baptized, came to church today with Hannah (The girl who was baptized last week) And is now on date to be baptized next Saturday and she is super happy!

"The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you that you have ever experienced as you labor among His children."
-First Presidency Message in the front of PMG

I want you all to know that this ^^ is true. When we give our will up to the Lord and humbly serve Him, we will be the happiest person we can be. I want you all to know that I am the happiest I have been my whole life, and I've had a pretty great and blessed life. But I've never lost myself so much. And I love it.

Love you all,
Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment