Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Saturday, November 26, 2016

November 10, 2016- Heavenly Father knows His children.

Hey family, 
So we're on emailing today Friday because this weekend getting ready for transfers and mission tour is crazy busy :) Super fun stuff. Sorry to catch you all off guard.

This week has been awesome as we were able  to have exchanges in our area twice. We got to go and find some super cool people. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord can place us in people's path, knocking on people's door who have had so many preparatory experiences in their life. And sometimes He even has us knock on someones door who is long-time inactive member but has recently started thinking about coming back... then Boom. Missionaries at their door. Heavenly Father knows His children.

Teaching Wes at the Katzenbach home!

I asked Heidi to geive Elder Cox an "Air Hug"for me-and it was caught on film!
We are still working with Wes, he is doing great we had an awesome lesson with him in the Katzenbach's home this week and have dinner in their home tonight with him and another lesson. He's into the Isaiah chapters of 2 Nephi so we're praying for him :) He is getting baptized December 17th.
Our favorite little African girl Reyna is also doing great and now has a baptism date of December 10th. (I told her it was 1 day after my birthday so we would throw a party together).

We also met a super sweet prepared family this week while I was on exchanges. The mom's name was Verna and while Elder Martin told her about the message we share about the Restoration and how we have a prophet here on the Earth she was amazed and just kept saying "Really?"  Their families are very faithful believers and have been bouncing around from church to church but said they just always feel something was missing. They're coming to church this week and I know that hole will be filled.

Love you all. Have a great week.  I'm sure next time I email you I will blow you up with all I learned from the General Authority coming to teach us this week Elder Andersen! (of the Seventy)

-Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment