Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday June 14, 2015 - Love

Hey everyone!
This week has been fantastic! We had Zone Conference on Wednesday then Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday. So a lot of sitting but SO much good stuff! Last Monday our zone went to Easter Lake and played sand volleyball for P-day! It felt great to have the hot sand on my extremely white feet.
So zone conference we learned a lot of awesome things and ways to become better missionaries, but the overall theme for the whole thing was love. And coming from president Jensen, probably the most loving man I've ever met in my life, it was some good stuff. He brought kind of a whole new perspective to love that I had never fully thought of before. He read from Moroni 7 a lot about charity and hope and the pure love of Christ and how when we truly have that love for others is when we truly become a missionary.
"Love is messy" When we love people, we get to know them. We get to know all about their life, the good parts, the bad parts, the messy parts, and we care about them. He told us that us Elders really need to work on that part. That sisters are a lot better at it than us and then went on a super long tangent about his wife and said some cute mushy stuff. But I have always admired that about the women in my life, especially my mom. She is the perfect example to me of Christlike love. Of not worrying if she is going to get involved in the mess as she helps someone with the things they are struggling with in their lives, or maybe not even struggling but just helping them to feel loved and to take some of that burden off of their shoulders. I love you mom and thank you for being the kind of example that whenever anyone talks about Christlike love I can raise my hand and share a story of you being a living example of that love.
Love Elder Cox


Also this week I saw the first Firefly I have ever seen! Elder Petersen and I caught one and brought it into our apartment and put it in a jar it was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment