Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday June 8, 2015 - One Supreme Thing to Do

This week was an interesting one but another amazing one! My companion was throwing up all day Friday so we had to stay inside most the day, so I got some extra study time. I read a lot of chapters out of the Book of Mormon as I studied through Preach my Gospel and read some amazing missionary stories and my mind started pondering about the importance of missionary work. I've thought about it before but never really as deep as I did then. There's a quote by President Heber J Grant that explains it in better words than I can:

"We as a people have one supreme thing to do... It is our duty above all others to go forth and proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, the restoration again to the earth of the plan of life and salvation.. We have that which is of more value than all the wealth and the scientific information which the world posses. We have the plan of life and salvation."

You know when a prophet tells us that we have one SUPREME thing to do.. We better listen. It is my biggest fear that I will get to the spirit world and one of my friends or someone I knew will come up to me and say "you knew, why didn't you tell me." But at the same time how great is it going to be when we get to there and someone just runs up to us and gives us a big bear hug and says thank you. Thank you for sharing with me the truth. The plan of Salvation. For teaching me the things that got me here, or even for planting the seed. That the next time someone came to me and shared the gospel I was more willing to listen.
How great will be that day if we share the gospel with everyone! If we plant seeds wherever we go and are open and inviting to everyone around us. Family, friends, neighbors, or complete strangers, they are all our brothers and sisters.
Being on a mission is the greatest thing I have ever done because I get that opportunity all day every day and it has opened my eyes to how much I didn't do it before my mission. Our mission president challenged us to "See them in white" meaning we look at everyone and envision them in their white clothing, having accepted the gospel and made the covenants to be able to return to our Father in Heaven. It really changes your perspective in everyday life and I would challenge everyone to do the same.
I love you all
Elder Cox

"Let the Saints remember that great things depend on their individual exertion, and that they are called to be co-works with us and the Holy Spirit in accomplishing the great work of the last days." -Joseph Smith

Action shot of our new P-day sport: Frisbee Golf

No comments:

Post a Comment