Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday July 6, 2015 - Greetings from Hannibal Missouri, home of Mark Twain!

So I have been transferred here to the Hannibal Branch the most Southern part of the mission. I can see the Mississippi River right when I walk out my front door. And the "home of Mark Twain" part is serious around here. Every single diner, hotel, gas station, pizza delivery, tourist attraction, construction company, etc., you name it, it's named after Mark Twain. Or Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer.
Missouri is sweet it's super different from Des Moines! I went from the big city to small town and now have the largest geographical area in the mission. It hasn't seemed like too much of a small town this weekend because it was Tom Sawyer Days, so everyone and they're dog was at the park across the street from our apartment partying the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Cool thing about our apartment. The building we live in used to be a bank, but then was remodeled into apartments. But our bedroom is the room that used to be the bank vault! So the walls are 2 foot thick cement and when you close the door it's so dark in there you can't see your hand right in front of your face.
My new companion is Elder Baetz. He's from Bountiful so we get to talk about good old Davis County. I forgot my card reader but I'll send pictures next week.
So I am actually writing this from the Quincy Illinois Library right now on our way up to Nauvoo for the evening. A sweet part about the new area I'm in is that we get to help out with the Nauvoo Pageant!! It's sweet we are going up to get trained on some of the things to do tonight and then the Pageant starts tomorrow So I'll definitely have an update on that next week and hopefully some pictures.
Love you all hope you had a great 4th!
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment