Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday July 27, 2015 - He will create you a masterpiece!

So this week I just have a short little thought that I've been working on a lot this week. I've been reading a talk called the 4th missionary. It talks about to become the best missionary we possible can, we need to be consecrated, give our will to the Lord and let him change us. 
"Surrender your will to Him unconditionally. Trust in Him. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge."

I feel I have changed so much on my mission already and I am changing more and more each day. So I have been studying a lot about it lately and have come to learn more about gifts of the spirit. Moroni 10:8-18. Every good gift comes from Christ.
As I've learned that I have learned that trying to develop Christlike attributes, the attributes of becoming a better person or missionary, begins with praying for that attribute. If we give our will to Him, he can change our hearts and desires, give us gifts, to become more like him.

I don't know why I had the impression to give this thought this week instead of the normal email and tell y'all what I did, but I hope it helps someone because it's helped me a lot. 
Love you all,
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment