Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday March 7, 2016 - Staying in Cedar Rapids!

So biggest news is that we got transfer calls this morning and I'm staying here in Cedar Rapids for the 4th transfer, with Elder Sessions for the 3rd. We were super pumped I was getting nervous I might leave. The best part it that I get to stay to see Pacifique, his wife, 4 kids, and grandpa be baptized on Saturday! They are an amazing family, they are who we originally started learning Swahili to be able to teach. So hopefully I will have an update on that next week!

Most of this week was spent working with that family. Took several days of trying to get them interviewed since it took someone to interpret and trying to arrange their schedules was crazy. During one of our comp studies me and Elder Sessions made a "gospel jeopardy" for our 11 year old investigator Austin. There's 5 sections (5 missionary lessons) with 5 questions each. It's been amazing to see the growth in that kid I pray that his fathers heart will be softened so I can see him get baptized here.

On Wednesday we blitzed our area with Elder Winn and Elder Pauga, Elder Pauga and Elder Sessions went to most of the lessons we had scheduled for that day, so me and Elder Winn got to knocking basically all day. We went knocking in a higher class neighborhood than we normally go (A member picked the neighborhood we knocked). 

We knocked close to 100 doors and didn't get 1 person who let us in. There's been few days on my mission I've felt as rejected and unwanted as I did on that day. But for some reason I was still just really happy all day. The Lord blesses us when we work hard. 

I want to end this email with a quote by Henry B. Eyring. It's pretty long but it's helped shape my mission. It's helped motivated me in hard times, reminded me that no matter what happens I am a disciple and follower of Jesus Christ. And I can't be swayed.

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast, I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished & done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My pace is set, my gate is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my Mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach all I know and work until He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My Banner is clear!" 

If there is anyway to explain my passion I feel for this work and my love for my Savior, it's this quote right here. My Mission is clear, my Banner is clear, my goal is Heaven. 

Love you all.
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment