Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Monday April 19, 2016 - Sam got Baptized!

Sam Cole got baptized! And good news he didn't even have to get married first because his marriage in Africa is actually legal here in the U.S. So we didn't have to worry about getting that done before Saturday. Saturday was such a great day. Sam is such a prepared person and he and his family were so happy. After Sam was baptized we were both in the bathroom changing and I asked him how he felt. "SO SO GOOD ELDER COX! So clean!!" (I had to baptize him twice because he didn't go all the way under the first time so I pulled the age old "you're double clean" and he thought that was super funny)

When we walked out Sophie (Sam's wife who got baptized a year ago in Des Moines) gave me a little half hug and said, "now 1 year until we can go to the temple and be sealed." I was so happy for their family. It's so amazing when somebody has the vision of being sealed together in the temple. Baptism is definitely a big step in the gospel of Jesus Christ, but those covenants are helping him prepare for more covenants he will make in a year from now that will have such an eternal impact for him and his family.

So I don't know if I'm getting transferred this week or not, but most likely yes. It will be super sad to leave Cedar Rapids. I've met so many amazing people here. I told a few of their stories last week but there are so many I will be sad to leave. But I'll save that for next week when I have pictures with those people. This week I did take a picture with Chris Brown though! He's one of the ones I talked about last week. When I told him I was leaving he told me "well Elder Cox, I know you've done a lot of good here but I know for sure you've got one success right here." And he gave me a hug.

It definitely wasn't me that converted Chris Brown. He had some amazing spiritual experiences with prayer and followed the spiritual promptings he received. The Spirit converted him. And I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be an instrument in the spirit's hand in this great work and to see people's lives be blessed and changed by Christ.

Love you all have a great week
Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment