Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 - Cedar Rapids Week 2

This week was awesome! Fredy and Tenneh got baptized here in Cedar Rapids. Our mission president says it takes atleast 17 miracles for every convert baptism to happen and it's so true. But it's such a happy day when it does happen.

I would send pictures but this week I have a legit excuse. Our car got broken into and they took all of our stuff including my camera so no pictures.

But everything is going well besides that in Cedar Rapids. We had a super busy week. Me and Elder Ellis are becoming trilingual with speaking Swahili and French to half our investigators. We have to have a translator for some of them and it's super fun teaching.

One spiritual moment that was pretty cool. We were teaching Christiane, who only speaks French, and Sister Beauregard was translating. They had been talking for a while about who knows what, And all the sudden I had a feeling to read Moroni 10:3-5 with him. So I pulled out our French Livre de Mormon and turned there and had Sister Beauregard read it. Later found out that that fit perfectly into the conversation and answered his question. I don't have the gift of tongues yet but I think that's the second best thing.

Love you all hope the snow is treating you well in Utah!
Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment