Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Friday, November 27, 2015

November-Thanksgiving week - 2015

This Week I finally experienced my first taste of Iowa winter. 12 degrees is a lot colder when it's 95% humidity outside but as long as it snows it's all good because then people are outside playing in the snow and then we can talk to people!

This week has been a really fun week and we have met some sweet people. We have new investigators this week from Congo, Burundi, Haiti, Phillipines, and Nepal. I still don't get why everyone comes to Iowa but they do. And they are amazing humble people. 

Last night we were over at the bishops house and they had a really cool Thanksgiving tradition they did. On the fridge they had a calendar for November and there's a piece of cardstock in each of the days. At the end of each day they get together and they each say one thing they're thankful for and write it on the piece of paper. They've been doing it for 5 years now so each night they also read what they were thankful for on that days for each of the last 5 years. They included us last night and it got me thinking about things I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for Jesus Christ
I'm thankful for the cleansing power of the sacrament
I'm thankful for my family even though they're far away
I'm thankful for Memories we share with others
I'm thankful for my companion so I don't get lonely
I'm thankful for The delicious Peanut Butter pie we had last night
I'm thankful for Amazing members that help the missionaries
I'm thankful for technology so I can talk with people I love
I'm thankful for this opportunity I have to share the gospel
I'm thankful for gifts of the spirit

And so many other things. We were talking to an 88 year old member of our ward who was feeding us dinner and we asked her what her favorite time period of her life was. As she pondered and we talked about different periods of life she's gone through in her long life, she decided that it was the time since she has been a member of the church. She was a convert and she said "I don't really remember much about before I learned the gospel and joined the church, It's like life started when I was baptized."
Being born again is a literal saying. 

Love you all Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Elder Cox

"If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?"
I spy Elder Cox

The Stake President had 10 missionaries from the zone over and we're eating and playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment