Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, November 30, 2015

November 2015 Thanksgiving!

This week was SO GOOD! I'm going to start off with the temporal then save the spiritual best for last.
Thanksgiving day: 
SO much food was eaten. We had a dinner/lunch at the Crone's at 2:00 which was amazing food and the best pies I've ever eaten in my life! She had home made pumpkin, Blueberry, lemon meringue, and my new favorite pie of all time: Icecream pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie with melted ice cream mixed into it then poured into a pie crust and frozen. It was Celestial pie.
Then we had dinner at the Hodgman's(Stake President's) at 4:00. They had our whole zone over to their house so there was 14 missionaries and so much food. I literally ate so much I had hot flashes. Then more pie and eggnog.
I gained 8.5 pounds new thanksgiving record. Good luck beating that one Ryan and Ben.

Spiritual:
We had a lot of multi-language lessons again this week, translating from French and Swahili to English and back again, hearing prayers in different languages. I've said it multiple times but it never ceases to amaze me how someone will be saying a prayer in a language that I don't know and I will be able to feel the spirit so strong and be able to know what they're asking for. 

We also have an awesome kid that we're working with named Austin. He's 11 and is so excited to be baptized. I've loved being able to teach a kid again because we get to to object lessons, draw the plan of salvation on the whiteboard, play Gospel of Jesus Christ ground is lava. And the spirit is still there teaching him eternal truths. 

Love you all,
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment