Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015 - The Real World - Des Moines Iowa


        Man. I have no words to even describe this last week.

I'll start out on Wednesday we woke up at 2:45 a.m. to get everthing packed and be on the bus ready to go to the airport at 3:30. There was 9 people on our bus. 8 of us going to Des Moines then some kid going to Texas or something who had to fly alone. Poor kid. So once everyone got on the bus everyone was super excited for about 5 minutes, then everyone passed out cuz it was 3 in the morning and we were all dead even before that. I couldn't sleep on the bus because it was a loud and bumpy bus and when I tried to sleep I kept bashing my head against the window.
Since everyone was asleep and it was quiet I decided to just say a prayer and pray for help on the journey I was about to embark on. I ended up praying for 40 minutes and only stopped when we arrived at the airport. It was the most amazing prayer experience I have ever had and I don't remember ever feeling as close to Heavenly Father as when I was thanking him for all the opportunities I have already had and all the opportunities I was about to have to serve him, and praying FERVENTLY for his help. Because I need it.
When we landed, President and Sister Jensen were there to greet us. President Jensen is HILARIOUS!! He hugs everyone and has made it a mission thing to hug. So whenever we see other Elders we hug instead of shaking their hand(still don't hug sisters though). It was really weird at first to hug everyone, but it's really cool and makes us super close as a district.
So my trainer/ first comp is Elder Lords. He's way sweet. He's from Rexburg Idaho and plays football and baseball so me and him have a lot in common.
I have officially taught my first lesson, knocked my first door (which was gently slammed in my face), all that good stuff. I still feel pretty confused a lot but I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things. Relying on the Holy Ghost really does bring on a whole new meaning out here. You have to rely on it 200% or nothing happens.
First crazy food experience: After district meeting we went to a place called Fighting Burrito. Their burritos put Beto's to shame (size and taste) but the crazy part was their hot sauces. Elder Withing( our district leader) and I, tried their 2 hottest sauces. One of them was called Wanza's Wicked temptation. The other one was a Ghost Pepper sauce. The only way I can explain how hot that stuff was: Let's just say Elder Withing was unable to leave his apartment the rest of the day. And my mouth still doesn't feel right. Don't try Ghost Pepper sauce.
The mission is amazing. I have already felt and seen so many things out here that are increasing my faith and changing people's lives. This gospel is 100% true and can bring miracles.
The Church is true.
The Book is blue.

Love Elder Cox



No comments:

Post a Comment