Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Monday May 11, 2015 - Mother's Day



This week had a lot of tough moments and a lot of cancellations, which led to us getting a lot less done and meeting with a lot less people than we had hoped, but it was still one of the best weeks yet because of the things that did end up happening.
So last week I talked about Eunice and her kids coming to church, then on Monday night we met with all of them and taught them the restoration and invited them to be baptized and it was the coolest thing because Nancy (who is 7 but turns 8 in 2 weeks) was really excited about being baptized and they all LOVE the Book of Mormon and having us come over. We were supposed to go and see them on Wednesday, but Eunice ended up having her baby on Tuesday night. But on Wednesday she called and said she wasn't home but that she wanted us to come and see her and meet with her in the hospital. I mean if there is any legitimate excuse to cancel a lesson it's having just had a baby. But she didn't let that stop her and she still really wanted to meet with us, so Elder Lords and Elder Ogden ( I was on exchanges :/ ) went and saw her in the hospital. Then she wanted us to come by and see her as soon as she got released so we went by Friday and met with her whole family again (now 6 kids: Tuice, Shalyeen, Daywulu, Nancy, Abel, and Amyra). Their family is amazing and Eunice is so prepared and so strong (she tells us the spicy African food makes her tough).
I also got to talk with my family yesterday! And even though it's only been 3 short months (as of today) it was the best thing in the world to be able to talk to all of you. I love you all so much and keep on being great examples to me back home.

I was reading in PMG this week about Hope. Hope is described as an abiding trust in the Lord that he will fulfill all of his promises to us. If we have hope then we will be able to work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for our good. Hope comes through Jesus Christ. Through Him, we can have hope for the future. Without Him, there would be no hope in this life and no point to a lot of things we do. It would be a sad world. But I'm so glad for Jesus Christ and for the hope that he gives me that our pains and afflictions will be but for a short moment when looked at with an eternal perspective, with all that he has in store for us. To me that is hope, and hope is happiness.

Love Elder Cox

It was so good to talk with you yesterday too and it went by so fast! I thought 45 minutes was going to be a pretty long time but it felt like it was only a couple minutes! And yes I got the email and pictures from last week thank you. Believe it or not I am genuinely sad that I am missing out on the yard work and getting ready for the wedding. Me and Elder Lords love to be able to help people move and do yard work when we can because we both miss manual labor a lot! Not something I expected to miss on my mission but wish I could be there to help.
I love you all and have a great weekend down in Arizona.
I took a couple pictures of my apartment this morning and we're going to the capital later today so I should probably have some actual good pictures next week that have me in them.


No comments:

Post a Comment