Elder Davis B Cox

Elder Davis B Cox

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday May 26, 2015 - IOWA OR AFRICA

This week I got a new companion Elder Petersen! He's awesome he's from Wellsville Utah, is about 6'4 and plays baseball so we get along awesome!
This last week has been a really exciting one! I have officially decided that I read my mission call letter wrong. It didn't say Iowa Des Moines it said Liberia Africa! We have been able to meet with Eunice and her family a couple more times this week and something awesome happened! On Sunday Nancy turned 8 and she was so excited because now she'll be able to be baptized!
Nancy, Tuice, Chealeyn, me, Daywulu, Eunice, and Abel is the little boy
It was also super funny we taught them the 10 commandments and we brought a white board with us and had the kids write all 10 on the white board as we talked about them. At the end of the lesson, we asked them if they will live the 10 commandments. Eunice picks up the board and just starts checking off the ones she is living already and saying which ones she needs to work on. "I lie sometime. I will work on that one. And I will keep Sabbath better." It was funny but at the same time awesome to see how humble she is and willing to change to follow God better.
Scripture thought for this week: Romans 8: 24-28. We are saved by hope. By having a hope that God has better things in store than we at this time can see. And that if we have patience and faith and love God that all things will come together for our good. Moroni 7 says that if we have faith then we must have hope. And if we have faith and hope in Christ we must have charity. And faith hope and charity will bring us true joy and happiness.
I love you all. Hope on.
This pictures goes perfectly with my spiritual thought today, because this ladies name is Hope. She is 94 and she stays at the nursing home we volunteer at and she is the funniest old lady I have ever met!
Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment